Umspannwerk.Ost (Transformer Station.East) and palisa.de
Constructed according to plans by Springmann.
The Berliner Elektrizitätswerke AG (utility company) establishs an electric power transformer station at Palisadenstraße in Friedrichshain.
- 1920s Expansion of the machine hall and the accumulator halls of the transformer station.
- World War II
Demolition of the extensions.
Construction of Stalinallee: Demolishing of the destroyed elements of the transformer station
- Till the end of the 1980s
Occupancy of the building by the VEB Stanzbleche Berlin (nationally-owned enterprise for punch plate production)
- Till the end of the 1990s
Production facility and office building of Begarat Anlagenbau GmbH (plant construction company)
Low-energy standard for single monuments: reconstruction of the listed building as cultural and convention center, financed by funds of the European Union and the Berlin Senate Department for Urban Development, Environmental Protection and Technology.
- Application of ecological building materials (e. g. cellulose insulation with loam rendering for the indoor insulation), low-temperature wall heating system with single room temperature control
- Intelligent air conditioning technology with waste heat recovery and component cooling via geothermal cooling
- Potable water substitution
- Scientific monitoring, biennial evaluation of the actual energy consumption
April 2000 – Re-Opening of the premises:
- Restaurant Umspannwerk.Ost (Transformer Station.East)
- Musikclub Umspannwerk.Ost (Transformer Station.East)
- Meeting and Convention Center palisa.de